Thursday, January 19, 2012

Are You Really My B.F.F?Are We Best Friends Forever?

Today, I woke up thinking about all of my "Friends" I used to talk too.They are doing the same things I did when I was in the world, sinning! I wondered if they were my Real Friends? They did say, that they were Christians? I started to really ponder on that thought.

  • How come they never told me stop doing all of my sins that was sending me on a path to Hell?
  • How come when i did sin they told me it was okay?
  • How come they never told me about Jesus Christ? 
All of these thoughts raced in my headbefore God showed me the Truth about Me and My "Friends" I felt as if," I'm saved now" so I could go back and talk to them about God. "Oh boy"   
I thought wrong, when I shared with them that I was saved, I actually felt free for the first time, but all they said was "Leya" we are proud of you", and went off to a topic that had nothing to do with Jesus Christ. I thought to myself, shouldn't they be excited, shouldn't we both be crying right now. shouldn't we both be getting angry at the devil, because he's trying to destroy our lives at this age?

So for awhile, I separated myself from them because, every time we talked  I will catch  myself talking how I used too, my whole demeanor will change.God showed me, I had a soul-tie with every last friend I hung out with.

"Soul-tie: When another person soul joins yours; you pick up characteristic traits,or you grow completely attach to that person "


When I moved to Georgia from New York and Massachusetts, it was really hard. I had a hard time separating myself from my friends.  At times, I longed to speak to them; to find out whats going on with them. I was still trying to be a part of their world.


What I learned from that whole experience was that; God was showing me to move on.That He has everything in control, that this is not who I am anymore.He told me " To leave them in his hands and to move on, to make sure I focus on what I have to do so, that I don't go astray".


Matthew 7:21-23 "Another disciple said to him, Lord first let me go and bury my father,But Jesus told him,"Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him".

This scripture helped me understand that, God wants you to leave everything and follow him. I shouldn't be worrying about what my old friends are doing or concern about the latest rumors, but I have to stand strong and resist the temptations. 


My old friends and I have nothing in common anymore, it was like I wanted to still fit in their world but  "a right foot can't fit into a left shoe", I could never fit with them, because we live in two different kingdoms. A Kingdom for Christ and A kingdom for Satan, I live in God's Kingdom.


Who are your friends you call "My B.F.F'S"?and Which Kingdom you will choose to live in?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Leya,

    Great blog sister! When I got saved 3 years ago, I left behind my "BFF". In fact, I left most of my friends behind to follow Christ.

    I don't regret it! I'm moving on an upward stream for the Lord. They are on the river of destruction & degradation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nina,
      Leaving your friends is a hard process but, God showed me its worth it, because now i'm getting so much closer to Jesus Christ. :)

      Delete
  2. This was a very good blog. At some point in every true believers life this type of a decision will have to be made. I lost 4 bff's after i surrendered my life to Christ and i have never looked back. Best decision ever, because I was totally free to be who God created me to be, I didnt have to be fake to fit in. "Who the Son sets free is free indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leya :)

      This is really good. When the Lord drew me to repentance pretty much all of my childhood friends more so ended up "leaving me". I didn't understand why at the time, I knew something different was going on in my life but I still loved my friends the same but for some reason, they didn't want to talk anymore, hang out, couldn't hardly stand to be around me but now it makes sense as to why. Those who love darkness will not come to the light in fear that their deeds may be exposed. We should still love and pray for our lost friends but as far as "kicking" it again, until a conversion happens, that is highly unlikely. We should seek to be an example to them as well when we do have the opportunity to be around them. But as that video mentioned, when we seek to make ungodly friendships our inner circle, you are asking for trouble. There is a difference from seeking to win over an unsaved friend than seeking to be their friend and more so becoming like them!

      Delete
    2. Hello Godsproperty,
      I know at some point I had to give up my friends, and now I feel so much more free and ready to see what God has for me in my life.:)

      Delete
  3. Hello Jasmine,
    The lord did convict me also, and it lead me to repentance.I knew I had to give up my old life and friends.Now everything makes more sense to me, I had to give up Everything in order to have God change my life.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This past summer I was saved. When Jesus Christ opened my eyes to the lifestyle I lived, I was lead to repentance. My desires even changed. Most of my friends became like strangers. I tried to hold on to them and relate but I couldn't. The conversations I used to LOVE to discuss(talking about our selfish and sinful lifestyles)I could no longer take part in it. God revealed to me that I was not living for Him but living a carnal lifestyle for my own selfish purpose.I wanted to control my life as if I were god. Finally I was broken and surrendered to Him. God showed me that I must forsake it ALL and follow Him and I did and wouldn't change it for the world. I am forever His servant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Shere,:)
    AMEN! I was going threw the same thing.I had to leave them all behind.Now when they do try to talk to me,I cant relate anymore.That's Gods way of showing me to leave them,and I follow his will.:)

    ReplyDelete